A COMING OF AGE POEM
I would be jane Austen
Or Virginia Woolf
Or Sylvia plath
Or Emily Dickinson
Till I can be one or I could be none
Till I can carve out the angst of my life in a writer who hates life and still thrives in it
Are we talking about women in general?
Is my gender universal?
Is my self esteem the testament of who I am ?
Or my rawness a kind of awakening I have, till I cut all of my strands
No hair on my head
I am emotionally bald
A psychological aporia
vestiges of void slip across my existence, like an age old claustrophobia.
I get you, you want me to make love to you
But I am incapable of feeling in sustainable fashions
Either I am an ocean of tides or a desert of ice
I can't unlearn my Crudeness
At a tender and solemn age of nearing 25
Of why I have no relativity but all Reclusivity
My man must have un-alived his will to live
When he could foresee his perishable future with me
I don't blame him
But I am an expert at blaming, women of my kind and myself
Are we really heroic or just vile?
Are we really making ourselves, a over run street of coming of age times?
But I used to come at an age
Till I died at an age
Must be 21 or 22 but my body couldn't stop to outgrow myself
And now this all has to unfasten in ways, till I can say to a kid
" Don't take life, too seriously ".
" It's just rubbish "
Leeza
Comments
Post a Comment