WE ARE NOT HAPPY PEOPLE , NONE OF US IS`

WE ARE NOT HAPPY PEOPLE , NONE OF US IS`

we are not happy people
none of us is
if we have to be something
we are miserable , for the most of our lives
bearing life , teary eyes, gold and gleam,
at a party of teenage dreams
till all our dreams frown
and leave us in the purgatory of pain in hounds
i wanted to be a doctor , once
my mother said
now all she is a mad woman
I wanted to be something of worth
my father said
now all he is an old man
dust has recollected on both of them
I see them getting old 
they sit near to their graves 
I wish we were happy people
I wish some of us could smile about growing up
I wish i need not to be so wise , 
at the funeral of my teenage dreams 
till all my dreams turn me down
and leave me in the kitchen sink of my weeping sounds
I wanted to be a poet once,
I said to my daughter 
now all I am is an old woman 
I wanted to be something of worth , 
I said to my son 
now all I am is a rusted woman 
I really thought , 
all of my life , I was made up of collected dust…
and some accumulated trust
and I can never be clean , but only be cold
ice cold and unsound ....

Comments

Popular Posts